Match Center


Tavistock AFC Firsts


Plymouth Argyle

SWPL Friday 17 November @ 7:30 pm Langsford Park

The Lambs were without talented midfielder Luke Brown who badly twisted his ankle in the F A Vase game, and is likely to be out for a several weeks. Tyler Elliot returned to the starting line up having recovered from his injury.
The game got off to a fast start with both teams playing some fine football. It was the home team that created the first scoring opportunity, in the third minute a fine move saw the ball find Warren Daw on the edge of the penalty area but his fierce effort went just over the bar.
Two minutes later the Lambs gave away a soft free kick just outside the penalty area but Jeffcott’s effort was well wide of the target. The visitors then produced a period where they played some delightful football in the middle of the park, having the greater share of possession. The Lambs defence were in fine form and dealt with any threat on their goal, the closest Argyle got to scoring was a powerful drive from Lowless which was well wide of the target.
The home team then began to get back into the game and almost took the lead on the half hour. A really good move resulted in a powerful shot from Josh Grant which was on target was deflected away for a corner kick off Bentley.
Shortly afterwards home keeper Josh Oak made a fine save to deny Rooney from opening the scoring. Seven minutes later the Lambs took the lead when a fine move saw the ball find Tyler Elliot his powerful shot from eighteen yards took a slight deflection off Josh Grant into the corner of the net.
Just before the interval a penetrating run by Teigan Rosenquest opened up the visitor’s defence, his cross found Jack Crago, but he shot wide of the target when well placed.
The second half followed a similar pattern to the first, with both teams playing some delightful football in the middle of the park, but neither side created any realy good scoring opportunities as both defences were in great form.
The Lambs did force several corner kicks, but missed the normal aerial power provided by Lewis Daw who was not available for selection.
Aryle missed a good opportunity to level the scores with five minute remaining, when from a free kick the ball fell to Jeffcott, but his shot went way wide of the target.
The Lambs saw out the remainder of the game to record a victory over a team that is also in the title chase. It was a very strong performance by Argyle and made it very difficult for the Lambs to break down a well drilled defence. The Lambs just edged it over the ninety minutes and deserved the victory.
This was another good all round team performance with everyone’s playing their part in order to gain a hard earned victory against a very talented Argyle team. The man of the match was Tyler Elliot, on his return to the team from injury, he was a threat to the visiting defence, and hen had a hand in the deciding goal.

Tavistock AFC Firsts 1 - 0 Plymouth Argyle

  • Friday 17 November 2017 @ 7:30 pm
  • SWPL 
  • Langsford Park
Jake Miller Dave Hallett
Jack Tribble Tyler Elliot
Tom Burgess Jack Crago

Previous meetings

10 Feb 18 1:00 pm SWPL Plymouth Argyle v Tavistock AFC Firsts 2 - 4
17 Nov 17 7:30 pm SWPL Tavistock AFC Firsts v Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0
27 Dec 16 3:00 pm SWPL Tavistock AFC Firsts v Plymouth Argyle 1 - 1
28 Oct 16 7:30 pm SWPL Plymouth Argyle v Tavistock AFC Firsts 0 - 2