Match Centre


Tavistock AFC Firsts


Plymouth Parkway

WCP League Cup Wednesday 7 March @ 7:30 pm Langsford Park

This quarter final League Cup game between two of the top teams in the league lived up to its expectations, with both teams playing some terrific football giving the good sized crowd great entertainment.
It was Parkway who made the better of the opening exchanges creating a couple of half chances to open the scoring, but the Lambs defence was in fine form and held firm.
The Lambs gradually got a foothold in the game as they got their pass and move game into operation.
A fine move in the 20th minute saw a shot deflected away for a corner kick. The corner kick was on partially cleared by the Parkway defence, the ball fell to Captain Lewis Daw who calmly fired the ball home from ten yards to give the Lambs the lead.
The Lambs then had a very good spell creating a couple of good chances to increase their lead but Moor in the visitors goal was in fine form and pulled off two really good saves to deny Josh Grant and Tegan Rosenquest from scoring.
Just before the interval Josh Grant  saw his fine effort from the edge of the penalty go inches over the bar.
Parkway came fast out of the blocks in the second half, and equalised in the 49th minute when from a free kick resulted in exLambs player Shane Krac firing home from fifteen yards.
The game was was now evenly balanced with both team playing some terrific football. Josh Oak in the home goal was called upon to make a really smart save to keep the scores level.
On the hour Manager Henderson made a tactical change as Jack Crago replaced Tallin Burns. Shortly afterwards Josh Oak made another fine save to deny Glynn Hobbs from giving Parkway the lead.
In the 67th minute Parkway took the lead when a corner kick was only partially cleared by the home defence and Glynn Hobbs was the first to react to the lose ball and fired the ball home from the edge of the area.
Back came the Lambs and they deservedly levelled the scores in the 76th minute. A fantastic move involving seventeen passes eventually created the opportunity for Josh Grant to strike a thunderbolt unstoppable shot that nestled in the back of the net.
Four minutes later the Lambs had the ball in the net but Jack Crago was adjudged to be off side when he slotted the ball home.
The Lambs were not to be denied and took the lead in the 86th minute when from another corner kick Warren Daw rose majestically to head the ball home from seven yards.
Parkway pilled on the pressure in an effort to get an equaliser but the Lambs defence stood firm. The home crowd was astounded as the referee played seven minutes of added time and with virtually the last kick of the game Parkways Joyce hit the post and to the relief of the home supporters the ball rolled Away to safety as the ref blew the final whistle.
This was a great Cup tie between two excellent evenly matched teams and no doubt it will be equally as exciting when they meet in the League on Good Friday.
The Lambs now move into the semi final where the will play Mousehole on Tuesday 20th March at Newquay kick off 7-30 pm.
This was a terrific team performance, ever single player can be proud of their performance. However the man of the match goes to Captain Lewis Daw who kept tight reign on free scoring Glynn Hobbs.

Tavistock AFC Firsts 3 - 2 Plymouth Parkway

  • Wednesday 7 March 2018 @ 7:30 pm
  • WCP League Cup 
  • Langsford Park
Jack Crago Tyler Elliott

Previous meetings

07 Mar 18 7:30 pm WCP League Cup Tavistock AFC Firsts v Plymouth Parkway 3 - 2
30 Mar 18 11:00 am SWPL Tavistock AFC Firsts v Plymouth Parkway 2 - 2
12 Apr 18 7:30 pm ECPL Tavistock AFC Reserves v Plymouth Parkway 1 - 1
30 Apr 18 7:30 pm ECPL Plymouth Parkway v Tavistock AFC Reserves 1 - 1
18 Jul 18 7:30 pm Friendly Tavistock AFC Firsts v Plymouth Parkway 2 - 3