Match Centre


Saltash United AFC


Tavistock AFC Firsts

SWPL Wednesday 26 December @ 11:00 am Kimberley Stadium

Kimberly Stadium looked in good condition but it was heavy ground conditions.
Mason Hughes returned from injury, with Josh Grant unavailable, recent signing Sam Davey from Launceston was on the subs bench.
The Lambs started on the front foot forcing a series of free kicks and corners and from one Jack Crago saw his shot go just wide but the Ashes always looked dangerous during this early period. Lambs custodian Josh Oak tipped away an effort from Ryan Richards and then saved well from a Sam Leary shot. Liam Prynn and Luke went close for the visitors and Richards volleyed wide.
Further chances went begging for both sides but it was the home side who took the lead in the 38th minute in controversial circumstances. Josh Robins appeared to have tackled and put the ball out for a throw in but the referee deemed it a foul on the edge of the area. Chris Menhennick’s free kick flew across the area and into the top of the net.
The lambs went close before the break as Tyler Elliot shot wide and Crago saw his effort palmed up into the air by Ryan Rickard and the ball looked to be dropping in the net but went agonising close over the bar.
The second half was just eight minutes old when the game turned on its head. Saltash were awarded a penalty for a foul on Richards. Two nil and the Lambs would have had to fight to get back into the game but Oak brought off a fine spot kick from Dave Trott to keep them in contention.
A minute later and they were back on level terms as skipper Warren Daw rose to meet Dave Hallett’s corner to head home.
Two minutes later and the lambs were In front. Hughes and Luke Brown combined down the right with Hughes getting to the by-line sending in a low cross; prynn got a touch to it to send the ball across the goal for Crago to tap home at the far post.
Davey then came on for Elliott and with twenty minutes left the Lambs increased their lead. The lambs played some intricate passing in and around the home side’s penalty area resulting in Davey being fouled with the referee pointing to the spot.
Davey showed Trott the way to take a penalty to send Rickard the wrong way to put the Lambs 3-1 up.
The icing on the cake came with seven minutes remaining when from a Hallett corner Daw set up Davey to stab home from close range.
Another top performance from the Lambs against a side who will be challenging for honours at the end of the season.
The win puts us back into second place with Argyle and teams below us having played more games.

Saltash United AFC 1 - 4 Tavistock AFC Firsts

  • Wednesday 26 December 2018 @ 11:00 am
  • SWPL 
  • Kimberley Stadium

Previous meetings

09 May 18 7:30 pm ECPL Saltash United AFC v Tavistock AFC Reserves 8 - 0
25 Aug 18 2:30 pm ECPL Saltash United AFC v Tavistock AFC Reserves 2 - 0
26 Dec 18 11:00 am SWPL Saltash United AFC v Tavistock AFC Firsts 1 - 4
19 Apr 19 11:00 am SWPL Tavistock AFC Firsts v Saltash United AFC 3 - 0
20 Apr 19 2:30 pm ECPL Tavistock AFC Reserves v Saltash United AFC 2 - 3